Guidelines for personal safety
As Table Mountain is an urban park, please exercise the same common sense and security precautions that you would anywhere else in the world.
- Do not attract unwanted attention by openly displaying cash, cameras or other valuables.
- If you are confronted by a criminal, don’t resist. Handover possessions as resistance might incite a mugger to violence.
- Program emergency numbers in your cellphone before your ride.
- Don’t ride alone; four is the ideal number.
- Remain on designated trails.
- Allow yourself enough time and inform someone of your route and what time you’re expected back.
- In case of injury, take time to assess the situation. Phone for help but be aware that some parts of the Park do not have cell phone reception.